A validated sales opportunity (VSO) is what every Sales Rep desires in order to transform sales productivity.
A VSO is defined by the following:
- The right type of company
- The right Executive (key influencer, decision maker, economic buyer, CXO)
- Has the right situation, problem, opportunity that your solution addresses
- Organization has serious intent to investigate your solution
- Have participated in a sales presentation for your solution
- There is a defined action item for advancing the sale after the presentation
30-50% of VSOs will convert to closed deals; compared to the 1-3% conversion rate of a traditional “lead” or “qualified opportunity”.
VSOs will produce:
- Increased sales efficiency and productivity
- Better ROI on business development investment
- Increased yield on sales capacity
- Shorter sales cycles
To understand the true value of a VSO, please refer to our “Value of a VSO” whitepaper.