It is that time of year again. Companies that operate on a January-December fiscal calendar consistently begin their budget planning process in October, which means there is still plenty of time to capture more budget dollars for next year. Here are a few tips that can make a big difference in budgetary success next year:
1. Connect with as many executives as possible between now and December. Understand their respective priorities, objectives, and initiatives for 2014.
2. Reach an explicit commitment to your solution being presented as a key component of next year’s budget.
3. Know who all the key decision makers are for final budget approval and begin the relationship building process early.
These tips may seem obvious, but the reality is that many B2B companies struggle with selling products to new clients. Some of the challenges that companies face are:
1. Your sales team is busy trying to make 2013 revenue targets. The focus is therefore on closing deals, not capturing the budget for next year.
2. Networking, calls, and emails take a significant amount of time and effort in order to connect with the ideal executives.
3. Most sales representatives experience inertia when finding new business. New business development requires serious heavy lifting that is difficult for many reps.
Our team at VizQuest Ventures can assist with all of the processes for capturing a 2014 budget. These are just a few examples of what we can do to increase opportunities for your sales team:
1. Engage companies and manage the difficult networking process to find the executives that are the right targets for your solution.
2. Capture their priorities, objectives and initiatives for 2014.
3. Deliver your value proposition and sales presentation.
4. Continue the relationship management with key executives to aid your sales growth.
We can help your sales team surpass their revenue quotas for 2014. It is therefore absolutely essential to take action immediately; October through December is a critical period to ensure success next year. We at VizQuest can help.